Candidates for any route into teaching must now apply through the Government ‘apply’ system click here
Applications for teacher training will be accepted through the Government system from the 12th October at 9.00am.
As Yorkshire Schools Alliance is part of School Direct, you will make your application to the School Direct lead school which is St Aidan’s Church of England High School. However, as we are in a partnership of 17 schools, depending on your subject choice you may train in another school rather than the lead school.
The training centres are detailed under the What Are We Looking For tab.
How do we select our trainees?
- Apply through the Government ‘apply’ System. For full information on how to fill in your application click here
- The University of York, Leeds Beckett University and Leeds Trinity University with St Aidan’s Church of England High School (lead school) will view all applications and decide who to invite for interview.
- Apart from academic qualifications, the selection for interview is based on suitability to teach – evidence of motivation to teach, relevant experience with children, including time spent in the classroom personal qualities, inter-personal skills, the ability to work constructively with others and commitment. This evidence will be obtained from your personal statement and references.
- Candidates will receive an invitation to interview at St Aidan’s Church of England High School. The interview may include a presentation task, a subject specific task followed by a formal interview.
- You will be informed by St Aidan’s Church of England High School within 24 hours by email of the outcome of your interview. You will also receive formal notification from the Department of education portal.
- Successful candidates receive a formal letter and an unconditional offer letter from the relevant university.
- You do not have to reply until you have received all of your offers. When you do have all your offers you’ll have 10 working days to reply. Remember that you can only accept one offer. If you have more than 1, you will have to decline the others.