Yorkshire Schools Alliance is looking to recruit 40 high quality School Direct candidates for the 2022 – 2023 academic year across the following phases and subjects:
|UCAS CODE||SUBJECT||PLACES AVAILABLE||TRAINING PROVIDER|
|2WFQ||Maths||6||University of York|
|2WFJ||Biology||6||University of York|
|2WFK||Chemisty||6||University of York|
|2WFF||English||6||University of York|
|2WFP||History||6||University of York|
|AE19||Geography||6||University of York|
|2WFW Fr/Ger |
SWFX Fr/Sp SWFY Sp/Fr
|MFL||6||University of York|
|2WFS||Religious Education||5||Leeds Trinity University|
|2WFL||Computing||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y4P||Maths||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2WFN||Geography||6||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y4V||History||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y5L 2Y5M||MFL||4||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y4W||Business Studies||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y58||Biology||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|36QR||English||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y53||Physics||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y54||Chemistry||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2WFH||Art and Design||5||Leeds Beckett University|
|2WG5||Physical Education||2 (Fixed)||Leeds Beckett University|
We will be accepting applications from the 12th October 2021.
We are looking to recruit high calibre candidates who have the values, qualities and attributes needed to become outstanding teachers, with the drive and motivation to succeed.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a positive outlook and a sense of responsibility
- Can demonstrate a passion for working with, and making a difference to, the lives and development of young people, not just a passion for their subject
- Are patient and adaptable
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are friendly and approachable
- Are creative and imaginative
- Have good organisational skills and excellent time management
- Have powers of reflection and strive to improve their own practice with openness to new ideas.
- Have an awareness of current educational issues
- Undergraduate degree in your chosen subject at 2.2 or above.
- It is important that you have a very strong understanding of the subject you wish to teach but if your degree subject does not completely link with the teaching subject, there are often subject knowledge enhancement courses available. Please see the department of education, get into teaching website, for more information.
- GCSE Grade Cs or above in English and Mathematics.
- Applicants for Modern Foreign Languages must have a second language at A2 Level in addition to the degree.
- It is desired that applicants for Biology, Chemistry and Physics have a second science subject at A2 Level in addition to the degree.
All applicants will also need to:
- Complete a declaration regarding any criminal convictions, clearance from the Disclosing and Barring service regarding suitability to work with young people and a fitness to teach declaration